Since coming back from Hawaii, I’ve been obsessed with acai bowls, particularly this one from Island Vintage Coffee. We ate there almost every day during our vacation, and it got pretty… expensive! But it was soo good and all I could think about was how I could recreate it at home (for probably a fraction of the price). I’ve spent the last few weeks experimenting and I think I’ve finally got a recipe that is very similar and one that I quite enjoy!
If you end up making the recipe, don’t forget to snap a photo and let me know how yours turned out in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram (@paulasolanoy)! I’d love to hear how your experience went.
- 1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 small ripe Banana
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Sambazon Acai Berry Superfruit Pack
- Fresh Banana Slices
- Fresh Strawberry Slices
- Fresh Blueberries
- Granola (I use this one – Nature’s Path Organic Hemp Plus Granola Cereal)
- Honey (optional)
- Add frozen blueberries, strawberries, banana and almond milk into a blender and blitz until you reach a thick, smooth consistency. I blend it only until all the fruits have been crushed and combined because my blender starts to heat up after a while and I loose the thick consistency.
- Pour the smoothie in a nice bowl and decorate with all the toppings!
- Drizzle honey over top (optional step).