Lately I have been into making different kinds of bowls for lunch and dinner. They are healthy, super easy to make and I love them because they’re not boring. You can add whatever you want to a bowl and make it work. Over the past month I have been experimenting with different recipes and wanted to share this one with you, my favourite BBQ Pineapple Tofu Modern Bowl! I could seriously eat this every day and not get tired of it. Check out the recipe below:
For the Tofu Sauce
2 tbsp Olive Oil (for frying the tofu)
2 tbsp Pineapple Juice
1 tbsp BBQ Sauce (I used the Heinz Kansas City BBQ Sauce and it is bomb!)
Pinch of Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder
1. Cook the brown rice in a rice cooker or over the stove top as per package instructions.
2. Chop up the firm tofu into 1/2″ cubes and fry it up in a frying pan with the olive oil, over medium heat
3. Fry the tofu cubes for about 5-8 minutes. Make sure you stir occasionally as they could burn pretty quickly if your stove top gets too hot.
4. Once the tofu gets crispy on the sides, add the bbq sauce, pineapple juice and pineapple chunks. Cook until the tofu absorbs the sauce (about 3-5mins). Set aside.
5. Finely chop the cucumbers into little diced pieces.
6. Quarter slice the cherry tomatoes.
7. Wash the salad mix.
8. Assemble everything together in a bowl, including the brown rice.